If you shopped your local Wal-Mart lately, you’ve probably come across one of Ree Drummond’s latest cookbooks; Come and Get It! I’ve tried several of her recipes and each time, I’m quite a happy camper.
So when I saw this cookbook when we did our main Christmas shopping at the beginning of December, I lingered, opened, read, drooled and put it back. As we made the rounds and ended back where this cookbook was located, I couldn’t help but pick it up again and leaf through the pages only to replace it. I then said; I really like that cookbook. Hubby said I should get it. I took him up on the offer…
As many of you know from previous posts, I collect cookbooks and recipes like most of you probably collect crochet patterns. I just can’t seem to help myself!
So just what do I love about this cookbook? It’s so personable. You feel drawn into Ree Drummond’s family almost wishing you were part of it. But let me tell you what’s really great about this book.
- Photos of every single recipe!
- Step by step photos of every single recipe!
- Options! Yes, options, for substituting ingredients, alternative to switch it up and advice.
- And every single recipe has a paragraph telling you about it in a way that just draws you in, feeling like you’re sitting right at her table chatting over a cup of coffee.
- And throughout the book she has photos of family, pets, and ranch life with little comments that will have you smiling and thinking to yourself; “I just love this book!”
I’ve only had the cookbook for a short period of time and as you know, I had a biopsy on my tongue – thank goodness it came back benign. But stitches were put in my tongue and I was on a soft food diet for almost a week and then a new puppy too; I just haven’t had time to actually make any of these mouth watering recipes but you can be assured, I will soon!
If you’re looking for something as a last minute gift for the cook in your life, you might consider this cookbook!