Announcing the Holiday Stashdown crochet-a-long 2016! I’m excited to announce that we’ll be continuing the Holiday Stashdown CAL for 2016! And I’ve teamed up with 19 other crochet designers to share 24 free crochet patterns for holiday gift and decoration projects with you! Updated for December 8th!
Each pattern will be a one-skein project, or a stashbuster/scrappy project, so you can work from your own existing yarn stash to make a great holiday gift. (If you’d like to go ahead and buy some yarn just for the project, that’s okay, too! We love yarn as much as you do!)
How the Holiday Stashdown CAL 2016 works
From January through August, we’ll share a new free crochet pattern on the second Monday of each month. In September, we’ll launch into full holiday crafting mode, and new patterns will be shared every Monday through December 19, 2016.
How to join the Holiday Stashdown CAL 2016
- You can join in by crocheting each of the patterns as you have time.
- Share your progress and post pictures of your finished projects. Tag your projects and posts #HolidayStashdownCAL2016 on all social media.
- Chat with other crocheters in our Facebook and Ravelry groups.
- By the end of the crochet-a-long, you’ll have 24 great gifts for the holiday season.
Holiday Stashdown CAL 2016 schedule
Be sure to visit and follow the participating designers so you can get first notification of new patterns!.
- January 11: Sheri Ann Weber of The Country Willow – Pretty Posies Hat
- February 8: Lisa Jelle of Kaleidoscope Art&Gifts – Arabella Boot Cuffs
- March 14: Marie Segares of Underground Crafter – Mock Bobbles Cowl
- April 11: Leah Feild of Creative Threads by Leah – Mermaid Dreams Boot Cuffs
- May 9: Pia Thadani of Stitches ‘N’ Scraps – Dew Drop Necklace
- June 13: Cylinda Mathews of Crochet Memories – Ripply Wave Pillow Cover
- July 11: Crystal Bucholz of Crystalized Designs – Sky and Sunshine Bag
- August 8: Carolyn Calderon of The Purple Poncho – C2C Crochet Tote Bag
- September 5: Marie Segares of Underground Crafter – The Mostest Shawlette
- September 12: Mistie Bush of American Crochet – Fall Thicket Coaster
- September 19: Carol Rupprecht of Sweet Potato Crochet Creations – Rockskipper Wristers
- September 26; Alexandra Richards of EyeLoveKnots – Barley Star Stitch Cowl
- October 3: Kati Donahue of KatiDCreations – Chevron Scarf
- October 10: RaeLynn Orff of AllieCat’s Hats & Crafts – Kringle Bell Ornament
- October 17: Leah Feild of Creative Threads by Leah – Stronger Together Earwarmer
- October 24: Carol Rupprecht of Sweet Potato Creations – Rockskipper Earwarmer
- October 31: Rhondda Mol of Oombawka Design Crochet – Berries Jubilee Infinity Scarf
- November 7: Lisa Jelle of Kaleidoscope Art&Gifts – Persephone Beanie
- November 14: Celina Lane of Simply Collectible Crochet – Simplicity Phone Sleeve
- November 21: Rebeckah Ferger of Rebeckah’s Treasures -Picot Drops Mug Cozy
- November 28: Sonya Blackstone of Blackstone Designs – Fete Gift Card Holder
- December 5: Cylinda Mathews of Crochet Memories – Let It Snow Gift Bag/Tote
- December 12: Amy Ramnarine of The Stitchin’ Mommy – Candy Cane Striped Mug Cozy
- December 19: Marie Segares of
- Crochet at your own pace.
- January 9, 2017: End-of-CAL giveaway entry deadline.
- January 16, 2017: End-of-CAL giveaway winners announced.
Holiday Stashdown CAL 2015 giveaways!
After doing all of this holiday crafting, you deserve a gift, too, so we’ll be organizing giveaways throughout the CAL. Enter by sharing your completed project photos. More details will be announced as each pattern is released.